Hi all - submitted some solutions

Information from and to the site administrators.

Moderator: Alastair

benkid77

Hi all - submitted some solutions

#1 Post by benkid77 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:48 am

Hi all,

First time contributing to this site.

I just submitted some solutions for Death Satellite (Acorn Atom), Black Island Adventure (Jupiter Ace), The Crystal Chalice of Quorom (Dragon 32/64) and Deepspace (Commodore 16/Plus4).

Not sure if I did it right though, looking again now it seems I copied and pasted the solutions from my YouTube account into the comments field on the upload page. Is that OK, or should I have uploaded them as .txt files?

Thanks for any help.
benkid77 - author of "Castle Dracwulf" (LADS), "Elfbayne" (ZX80), "SpecVIC mini-adventure" (ZX Spectrum) & co-author of "1-Line Cave Adventure" https://www.youtube.com/user/benkid77/videos :D

Gunness
Site Admin

Re: Hi all - submitted some solutions

#2 Post by Gunness » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:30 am

Hi Ben,
Welcome - always great to see new contributors :D

Since you're asking, it *is* easier if it's as a standalone txt-file, but as it is, a bit of copy'n'paste doesn't take very long. Either way, what really matters is having the actual solution :thumb:

Btw, I'm glad you wrote down Black Island Adventure. I remember we struggled with it in here for a long time, I think I managed to make it all the way, but I never got around to writing down how I did it. Weird game!

benkid77

#3 Post by benkid77 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:29 pm

Hi Gunness,

Congratulations on the 20th anniversary of the website earlier this year. :thumb:

Also many thanks to you for the first part of the solution to Black Island Adventure which I ultimately used to complete that section. Also for the map of part two which got me almost to the very end of that section. I like the system in part two where the compass directions move the ship you are sailing in, yet the up/down directions just move the player character.

I agree the game is quirky as part three is some version of The Jabberwocky in IF format. Part four is similar again to the beginning.

Thanks also for this info about uploading. If I ever do get the time to work out more solutions, I will upload .txt files in the future instead of copy/paste.

I am wondering as well whether it is worth uploading a trivial addendum which allows scoring 86% in A Journey One Spring (ZX Spectrum) as older solutions mention maximum score of 83%.

Kind Regards
benkid77 - author of "Castle Dracwulf" (LADS), "Elfbayne" (ZX80), "SpecVIC mini-adventure" (ZX Spectrum) & co-author of "1-Line Cave Adventure" https://www.youtube.com/user/benkid77/videos :D

Strident

#4 Post by Strident » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:58 am

Some interesting videos on your YouTube, Ben. It's particularly nice to see the walkthrough for the SAM Coupe title Days of Sorcery, having heavily been involved in the SAM Coupe adventure scene back in the day.

benkid77

#5 Post by benkid77 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Thank you. What I like about Days of Sorcery is that from a player perspective it is indistiguishable from 16-bit Amiga/Atari ST graphical text adventures of that time.

Apart from that I have to confess I haven't played very many titles on the Sam Coupé. Last year I decided to try out some adventures exclusive to various diverse platforms which was a bit of fun and quite interesting too.

benkid77

#6 Post by benkid77 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:34 am

I've now submitted a solution and notes for "Martian Adventure" (BBC Micro), and this time attached it as a standalone text file.

Also available on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-deTeh5tcY if anyone's interested. :D

Gunness
Site Admin

#7 Post by Gunness » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:47 pm

Uploaded with thanks :D

I'm running a bit behind with the updates due to Easter holiday getting the upper hand (a few too many board games with my family sneaking in and not spending a lot of time on the computer!)

benkid77

#8 Post by benkid77 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:52 am

Thank you very much for uploading it.

My time on the computer is also very sporadic, in fact it took me over eight months before I got around to submitting those previous solutions to this site. :lol: So completely understand. There is never any rush with anything I may happen to submit as I will usually publish a YouTube video where practical, once I have discovered a solution.

Gunness
Site Admin

#9 Post by Gunness » Thu May 02, 2019 2:28 pm

Man, I have the deepest admiration for patient users :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: