Pirate by Chalksoft

Information from and to the site administrators.

Moderator: Alastair

Alastair

Pirate by Chalksoft

#1 Post by Alastair » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:09 pm

In the synopsis for Pirate it mentions 'using the red function keys to enter your instructions.' I can see how you can do this on a BBC but how do you do it on a Spectrum?

Gunness
Site Admin

Re: Pirate by Chalksoft

#2 Post by Gunness » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:02 am

Good question - this info is straight from the horse's mouth, ie. the manual found at WoS. I'll be happy to update it if we can find a better phrasing.

Richard Bos

Re: Pirate by Chalksoft

#3 Post by Richard Bos » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Alastair wrote:In the synopsis for Pirate it mentions 'using the red function keys to enter your instructions.' I can see how you can do this on a BBC but how do you do it on a Spectrum?
A short attempt at the Spectrum version indicates that you steer the ship using the cursor keys. Well, that's what you're told in the instructions, but when you use the actual cursor keys they don't work - you have to use the number keys the cursor function was on. (5, not Left or shift-5 for West, &c.) The rest is done using normal keys.

That's for Part 1. I don't know how Part 2 is played. You need to finish Part 1 to be allowed to play Part 2, and Part 1 is so much of a gambling game that I'm not inclined much to try and solve it.
Richard Bos
The Netherlands
Spectrum nut and T/SAL "expert". And very amateur chess player.