Daark (BBC)

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Gunness
Site Admin

Daark (BBC)

#1 Post by Gunness » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:06 pm

I've decided to give this one a go. Seems mildly interesting, but I haven't been able to get very far. There are quite a few spelling errors in the descriptions, but I'm hoping that the programming itself is solid. The parser isn't the most helpful, though.
I've found some lime rock and an unopenable casket.

Where I'm stuck:
I've also come across a white dove which is being attacked. I can't free it nor protect it from its attacker.
There's an evil creature in a pool. I've tried pouring the lime into the pool in various ways, no luck.
There are both a temple and a workshop in the description, but I don't seem to be able to do anything with either of them (SEARCH, EXAMINE, ENTER, CLIMB, GO etc.)
There's a river which I'm able to drown in - weee!
Finally there are two guardians I need to get past, but I guess this relates to saving the bird somehow.

Help me :)

Alex

Re: Daark (BBC)

#2 Post by Alex » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Seems difficult. Didn't get much further than you.

One small hint:
Gunness wrote:There's an evil creature in a pool. I've tried pouring the lime into the pool in various ways, no luck.
Solution : THROW LIME IN POND

Alex

#3 Post by Alex » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:24 pm

Gunness wrote:There are both a temple and a workshop in the description
solution: SEARCH RUINED TEMPLE, SEARCH RUINED WORKSHOP

Alex

#4 Post by Alex » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:36 pm

did you get rid of the cat?

edit: just managed to do this , also freed the bird and made it passed the guards.

I'm stuck in the room with the poisonskulls and don't know what to do in the sump

Alex

#5 Post by Alex » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:43 pm

made it past the poison skulls and the sump

Gunness
Site Admin

#6 Post by Gunness » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks! Weird about the pond, I was on the right track and thought I had tried every variation of dumping the lime and throwing it AT the creature or the pond ;)

As for the temple and workshop - arrgh! The parser understands both TEMPLE and WORKSHOP , and since there aren't any other around, why would I add RUINED to either of them? So stupid - but I'm on my way now :thumb: