Reluctant Hero BBC Quilled game

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

iamaran

Reluctant Hero BBC Quilled game

#1 Post by iamaran » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:54 pm

This is a two part game and I'm stuck right at the end of part one. I've unquilled it but don't want to look! Is anyone familiar with this?

I think I've done everything necessary, I just need to get out of the hotel and escape on the bicycle. There isn't enough time for me to get out of the room, into the lift, down to the ground floor, and to where the bike is parked. Earlier in the game, if I move the bicycle it is stolen and if I attempt to bring it into the hotel I'm thwarted. I think I need to either bring the bike nearer to me or find a way out of the hotel that doesn't involve using the lift.

Can provide a walkthrough of what I've done so far. Thanks all.

Alastair

Re: Reluctant Hero BBC Quilled game

#2 Post by Alastair » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:14 pm

I haven't played the game so these are just guesses, but is the lift the only way down from your hotel room? Or, if the problem is that you have to wait for the lift to open on your floor, then perhaps you need to call the lift or jam the lift door open before entering your room.

iamaran

#3 Post by iamaran » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:14 pm

The lift appears to be the only way down, but I initially got there via the balcony so maybe there's a way. Thanks for the reply.

iamaran

#4 Post by iamaran » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Sorted, with a little help :)