Pseudo-Adventure #15, by pseudo-Scott Adams

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Juan

Pseudo-Adventure #15, by pseudo-Scott Adams

#1 Post by Juan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:45 am

Has anyone attempted to play Adventure #15 - The Treasure of Andromeda for the Atari 800, a game purporting to be by Scott Adams (last month I notified him about its existence, which he wasn't aware of, and he left clarification that it is a phony):

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft-M ... -6196.html

The game seems to have a couple of fatal bugs. The inventory feature causes the game to crash. An even more annoying bug is that after a certain amount of moves, the game crashes. By carefully planning my moves I was able to get as far as the place with the bear after the rope bridge. Soon after that it starts crashing. It appears that the game is unfinishable.

dave

#2 Post by dave » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:27 pm

Interesting... Having had a quick look at the download I can say that this isn't written in Adam's SACA or SAGA formats and look like some flavour of tokenised BASIC.

I'm not an expert on Atari BASIC; but I maybe able to detokenise it...

Juan

#3 Post by Juan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:03 pm

dave wrote:Interesting... Having had a quick look at the download I can say that this isn't written in Adam's SACA or SAGA formats and look like some flavour of tokenised BASIC.

I'm not an expert on Atari BASIC; but I maybe able to detokenise it...
Any chances of fixing the bugs? It would be nice to be able to continue playing this curious forgery.

dave

#4 Post by dave » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:39 am

Hmm... From a quick look at various Atari BASICs and comparing to the binary; it looks like it's compiled BASIC and looks like it's been compiled by something called ABC, which compiles to pseduo-code.

Unless we can get the original source it looks like there's nowt we can do...