Mystery of Silver Mountain

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

terri

wrong location

#16 Post by terri » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:26 pm

So I'm in the wrong location. I have not yet found the walled garden. Where should I be looking for it?

terri

graveyard

#17 Post by terri » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:07 pm

I gave up looking for the walled garden. Got past the boar. Got the lamp and the shield. Gave the apple to the pony. Got the bone. Read an inscription there M R H S. What else to do at the half-dug grave or in the tomb? I can't move the rubble.

I also have not gotten taken by the guardian as Amby says, other than at the first part of the game? Should I be returning there?

Doreen B

Mystery of Silver Mountain

#18 Post by Doreen B » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:53 pm

You can't move the rubble from the grave side.
Enter the hut past the ghost guardian to find some planks, drop the planks at the frozen pond. The S, D, W to high pinnacle get the rope there.
Back down to the frozen pond and go north to the high walled garden.

Try this out.

terri

several stucks

#19 Post by terri » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:10 pm

Thanks Doreen
More nudges needed:
1. Following the directions in the maze, can't seem to get up the steep passage in the stalagmite/stalagtite cave. I have the rope. How do I get up?
2. By the bell. I RING BELL, it asks me how many times, and then regardless of what I type, it boots me out.
3. At the ornate fountain. Anything to do there?
4. South of the entrancfe hall. It says I am not strong enough to open the door. What to do here?
I have more questions, but the answers may be contingent on what I do above, so I'll wait with those. Thanks.

Doreen B

mystery silver mountain

#20 Post by Doreen B » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:41 pm

After 'climb vine' - inscribed cavern - make a note of wahat this says - it is random. N to vaulted cavern - w into maze of tunnels - w now lost - type the direction on the inscription. - You should be near some stalactites - w to the pile of rubble which you should be able to move...

I don't quite know of have forgotton what next here - but go e back to the maze e back to being lost. Now is the time to reverse ad backwards yours movements - You should get to the glass gates.
There is nothing to do at the fountain.
Find a sword in the guard room - passed the grarg - wear boots. Find a phial in the kitchen cupboard. get a brooch - Poison some wine for the grargs.
You should find a uniform - x it.
The oak door - swing axe.
The number of times to ring the bell depends on how many times the Hermit told you.

Try that...
Doreen

Amby

#21 Post by Amby » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:57 pm

What's the secret to communicating with the Hermit?

Doreen B

mystery silver mountain

#22 Post by Doreen B » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:09 pm

The hermit....GIVE BROOCH...

found on the battlements.

Doreen

terri

#23 Post by terri » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:24 am

I wondered whether that was it. Hope the boots don't wear out.

terri

#24 Post by terri » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:22 am

How can something so simple be so complicated?
How, exactly do I poison the wine? And where? I try it where the guards are feasting. I try it in the wine cellar. I try opening the phial first. I try looking for an open bottle. It must be something very simple. I think I will need the exact words, and the obvious appears to be eluding me.

Amby

#25 Post by Amby » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:20 am

Oh dear, I must be missing something very obvious as I have not come close to a boar, a windmill, a pony, a sluice, a grave, some rubble, etc. I did however, find the walled garden (but since I have no seeds didn't do me much good).

Can someone give me a hint about what I missed?

Thanks.

Doreen B

mystery silver mountain

#26 Post by Doreen B » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:03 pm

After getting phial, go to the banquetting hall where the Grargs feasting. WEAR BOOTS then South to the hall of Tapstries REMOVE BOOTS and south to the mosaic floored hall. POISON WINE - E (can't an invisible force stops you. If you go south you will be killed.

Return back to the banquetting hall - where the grargs should be sleeping. You see a uniform take it wear it. drop boots . You don't need them any more.

Examine the uniform
then through the oak door with the axe.

Amby - At the Lake if you go e - then North you should be at the windmill.
North of this is the boar and then the pony etc.

Doreen

terri

#27 Post by terri » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:31 am

A bit more progress I've made. Poisoned the wine in a room I would never have considered. Thanks. Got out. Talked to the hermit. Got back in via a short cut created when some rubble was moved. Now am at the mosaic floor. Stuck once again. The force won't let me go east, and I get killed going south.

Anything to do in the dungeon? In the tapestry room? In the mosaic room? Any other placs?

This is not easy playing a game where you have to guess what is likely to be in the room. A little hint, Doreen? Amby will catch up soon.

Amby

#28 Post by Amby » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:37 am

Amby will catch up soon.
Hmm, not sure about that :).

Doreen, thanks for the info about the windmill. I had completely overlooked the exit north from the pitted track.

Alas, having now explored the windmill and collected the seeds, I had planned to go plant them at the high walled garden but alas, one of those pesky guards showed up and my boots only last 1 move. Judging by some of the discussions I've read, it seems I am going to need them again, and unless there is some way to recharge them, I will have to start the game over <sigh>.

Since that didn't work, I went in the other direction, collecting a lamp and shield. Then I took a pony ride, which resulted in a bone - but now I don't have another apple to give to the pony for the return trip, and I can't move the rubble.

I'm in a big mess I think :? Any suggestions?

Doreen B

mystery silver mountain

#29 Post by Doreen B » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:49 pm

Hi

Nothing to do in the room with tapestries.
Forget about going east where the force hold you back.
The south exit is DEATH

So from the oak door - go s, dungeons - s, wine cellar - w, it's dark so light lamp with matches (uniform) - w - (rats) - give bread, w to a row of casks, open them - w to a hollow , e to the ancient stone circle., now its time to get horseshoe, open door, burn door.

Now to go to the well and go down it-using the sheet.

Amby,
Iam sorry you seem to be in a state - the boots MUST be removed when NOT needed. Once you have the uniform the boots will not be needed any more.
I said at the begining when you GIVE COIN or GIVE APPLE they must be singular not plural.

Hope this will get you all going again.
Doreen :D

terri

#30 Post by terri » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:26 am

I know the feelings Amby <sigh>. I have had to start over recently as well.

I found that wearing the boots was usually only needed for two location moves. Knowing when the grarg patrol was coming, I wore the boots, moved two spaces (sometimes three) and then removing them, probably did not actually "save" any moves, but made me feel better, as if I was on top of things.

After leaving the house (with the stuff found there) and paying the troll, the order I did things in, was apple, axe, bucket, seeds, boat stuff, net, jug, reeds, fill jug, lamp, shield, giving apple (read the inscription in one of those rooms), bone, playing the reed, planks, rope, planting seeds, the maze, moving the rubble (this allows a shortcut later), sword, phial, brooch, poisoning wine, uniform +, using axe, lighting lamp, giving bread, finding one shortcut, giving brooch, finding another shortcut, ringing the bell + #. That's as far as I got so far.

I hope this minimizes retracing of steps. The boots did last.

Some things do not appear to be needed once their used (you will have to drop some things later) - sheet, reeds, empty phial - not really sure but hope so. If not. we're in for some more save-and-restore games.