Time Traveller now released and existing games at half price

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Mark Eaton

Time Traveller now released and existing games at half price

#1 Post by Mark Eaton » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:43 am

Well I dropped the prices for my existing games down to half of their original cost. Maybe AUS$1.99 is asking too much. On Android Developer Market it seems the lowest I can go is AUS$0.99 so I have set them all for this price. This is for:

* Moonbase 3
* Mystery of the Dark Manor
* The Ice Guardian

In addition I have released the Time Traveller. This was a game I did with my dad on the Amstrad CPC464 using the Graphic Adventure Creator, or GAC as it was commonly known then. We did 3 games in total using the GAC.

This particular one was done in 1988.

Back then, due to memory constraints, we couldn't provide pictures for every location like what my dad could do with the 3 above games already released to Android (they were released later on the more powerful Amstrad CPC6128). As such about 66% of the images are unique.

A whole new generation of people are now playing text adventure games. As such people may find this one easier than the others already released.

Well if you get a chance the demo is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=time.demo

The complete version for AUS$0.99 is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.Complete

If you do get a chance to play, hope you enjoy it!

Mark Eaton

dave

Re: Time Traveller now released and existing games at half p

#2 Post by dave » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:00 am

If you want to convert GAC games, I wrote a basic GAC player/dumper a while back, which can be found on sourceforge. The version there isn't the latest version, but I can supply you with that if needed.

Mark Eaton

#3 Post by Mark Eaton » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:00 am

Hi Dave

I checked it out and read through the C file. Haven't used C in years so I'm rusty. :)

These days I program in .Net with C#.

The problem with the 3 GAC games that my dad and I did is that we lost the source files. So to convert the Time Traveller I had to play it extensively trying all sort of scenarios. This really only worked because my dad and I were the original programmers, as such we know how we think.

What would be great is if a program could strip out all the logic from the compiled binary files.

Just so I understand is this what you meant by your program? If so do you have a compiled exe? (I use Windows 7).

dave

#4 Post by dave » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:32 pm

I'll drop you a PM.