MicroMUD for the C64

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Alex

Re: MicroMUD for the C64

#31 Post by Alex » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:28 pm

impomatic wrote:I'm still working on a hints file, but I'm trying to include everything and it's taking longer than I expected. There are a few things I can't figure out:
  • How to light the lamp!
  • Why sometimes I can follow the passage below the stone circle and sometimes get told "You try to move that direction, but your feet seem rooted to the spot."
  • What to do with the goat (it eats some things but refuses others).
  • How to enter the sanctum.
  • The built in hints say I can burn the dryad, but I haven't been able to.
  • It's apparently possible to cure the viper's poison but I haven't managed.
  • There are a few verbs I haven't found a use for - PLANT, WRAP
Have you noticed the game is a bit buggy? Sometimes creatures are invisible for no reason. Some actions return unrelated responses. Sometimes things just don't work...
I'm afraid I can't help you a lot with this, because I haven't really played the game very thoroughly yet. However if these are your only questions I'm very curious if you've the answers to some of the questions I have.

It appears some of the puzzles have not been converted adequately to the Micromud version. For instance to cure the viper there is the spell PURIFY ME in the original MUD version, but this spell is not included in the MicroMud version. Also according to the book you have to use the verb MEDITATE to enter the sanctum, but it is not included in the MicroMud version.

Yes I noticed the game is buggy. A lot of times the game freezes while playing and I have to reload it. Especially while typing something like WHERE TREASURES or an other command which include a lot of responses.