ZORK 1, 2 and 3 in CP/M Mode ..

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

Colin Appleby

ZORK 1, 2 and 3 in CP/M Mode ..

#1 Post by Colin Appleby » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:06 pm

I can run Zork 1 in CP/M mode without a problem. But when I load and run Zork 2 and Zork 3 the programs run but scroll continuously on the screen after the first text. Anyone know what is the problem and how to fix. Thanks.

Keetie

Re: ZORK 1, 2 and 3 in CP/M Mode ..

#2 Post by Keetie » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:16 pm

Colin Appleby wrote:I can run Zork 1 in CP/M mode without a problem. But when I load and run Zork 2 and Zork 3 the programs run but scroll continuously on the screen after the first text. Anyone know what is the problem and how to fix. Thanks.
There is CP/M and CP/M. Which CP/M are you talking about and which computer or emulator are you using to play the games?

Colin Appleby

#3 Post by Colin Appleby » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:15 pm

I am using CP/M 2.2 on the NewBrain Computer in CP/M Mode. All other CP/M programs seem to run OK.
Regards

Colin

Keetie

#4 Post by Keetie » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Colin Appleby wrote:I am using CP/M 2.2 on the NewBrain Computer in CP/M Mode. All other CP/M programs seem to run OK.
Regards

Colin
A real NewBrain or an emulator?

I tried out the NewBrain emulator written by Despinidis Chris. Indeed, it happens here too. Might be a matter of adjust, but where... or a bug in the emulator, because these cp/m-80 zorks run well in the cpm emulator cpm.com.

Colin Appleby

ZORK 1, 2, 3, Hitchhikers, Leather Goddess in CP/M Mode ..

#5 Post by Colin Appleby » Fri May 27, 2016 7:19 am

After a bug fix to the NewBrain Emulator CP/M Mode finally got the following INFOCOM games running on the NB Emulator.
Zork I
Zork II
Zork III
Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Leather Goddesses Of Phobos
Planet Fall

I am now looking for other Infocom CP/M Games ( .com and Data format) (not image files). The programs I am looking for are: Starcross, Deadline, Suspended, Witness, Bureaucracy and Balyhoo.
Anyone got the .com and data files available.

Regards