Intercom Games on CP/M 2.2 running with RUN.COM Interpretor

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

pippa

Re: Intercom Games on CP/M 2.2 running with RUN.COM Interpre

#16 Post by pippa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:58 pm

OK. Sounds interesting. I went over there and downloaded the emulator. (I'm just a sucker for anything Z80 related!.)

Gotta admit, I'm having trouble getting it working properly, probably because I don't know enough about the NewBrain to know what I'm doing. (It doesn't help that the keyboard mapper assumes my PC has a US keyboard layout, so tries to map the wrong keys into the wrong places!) But I'll give it another go later in the week and see if I have more luck.
[b]~~[i] Pippa [/i]~~[/b]

Colin Appleby

#17 Post by Colin Appleby » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Did you download NewBrain Emulator v2.64Beta13 which is available from the Newbrain website. This is a resent addition and includes in the Options before starting the NB Emulator a button to click for the English Keyboard.

Remember also at the NBSetup before starting the Emulator there is buttons to click for "With Expansion Interface Module" and "With Disk Controller (2 Drives - CPM)". You will only need the Disk Controller buttons checked if you are running CP/M or Disk load. Programs will load from either Tape or Disk depending on what is selected in the Options.

I will talk to Chris on the different keyboards (UK and US) possibilities. It is always the £ and # symbols that cause the problems.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Colin

Colin Appleby

Running NewBrain Emulator in CP/M Mode.

#18 Post by Colin Appleby » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:07 pm

Sorry I meant click both "With Expansion Interface Module" and "With Disk Controller (2 Drives - CPM)" to run CP/M.

Regards

Colin

pippa

#19 Post by pippa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:06 pm

Colin Appleby wrote:Did you download NewBrain Emulator v2.64Beta13 which is available from the Newbrain website. This is a resent addition and includes in the Options before starting the NB Emulator a button to click for the English Keyboard.
No, I went for the highest non-Beta one. (Sorry, I don't remember the number.)

I didn't try a Beta because I don't the NewBrain well enough to know if any strange behaviour is because the Beta is still unstable, or if it's me doing something stupid. (Or if it's accurately copying some real strange behaviour of the NewBrain's own.)

But anyway, I'll try the new Beta and see if that's better. (Probably won't be until the weekend though.)
[b]~~[i] Pippa [/i]~~[/b]

Colin Appleby

#20 Post by Colin Appleby » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:53 pm

The NewBrain Emulator v2.64Beta13 is very stable I have used it on lots and lots of NewBrain programs.

Also try the external tool to remap the keys according to the UK keyboard layout. There are two generated text files that might help.

Regards

Colin

Colin Appleby

#21 Post by Colin Appleby » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:43 am

There is now available for download from www.newbrainemu.eu the latest NB2.64Final Emulator which is very stable. Runs CP/M 2.2.