For the IFWiki, I've started creating pages about old magazines with adventure (mostly IF) columns, with links to scans of these columns on sites like World of Spectrum
: see this page about Amtix
, for instance.
I know these magazines had such columns:
* Amstrad Action
* Amstrad Computer User a.k.a. CPC Attack!
* Computer & Video Games
* Computer Choice
* Computer Gamer
* Computing Today
* Computing with the Amstrad
* Home Computing Weekly
* Micro Adventurer (actually, most of this magazine is about adventure games)
* Personal Computer Games
* Popular Computing Weekly
* Sinclair User
* Your Computer
* Your Spectrum a.k.a. Your Sinclair
* ZZAP! 64
* (In Spanish) Micro Hobby
Do you know of any other magazines with adventure columns?
I also intend to make similar pages about text adventure fanzines:
* Adventure Contact a.k.a. Adventure Coder (by Pat Winstanley and others)
* Adventure Probe (by Sandra Sharkey and others)
* Adventure Workshop (by Cristopher Hester)
* From Beyond (by Tim Kemp, for the Spectrum)
* Glamdring (by John Manifold)
* Goblins Cavern (by Tim Gurney)
* Orcsbane (by Nick Walkland)
* Red Herring (by Marion Taylor)
* SynTAX (by Sue Medley)
Do you know of any other text adventure fanzines?
Another question: would it be possible to make scans of these fanzines available online? Currently, at least as far as I know, only SynTAX
and a few fanzines in Spanish I didn't list here are available...
And one last question: there was a video about the second Adventure Probe Convention (1991). Does anybody still have it? If the answer is yes: would it be possible to make it available for free on the Internet?