The Gallery of Zork

General chit-chat, ramblings, odds and ends.

Moderator: Alastair

NathanaelCulver

The Gallery of Zork

#1 Post by NathanaelCulver » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:19 am

I wanted to let everyone know I've opened a new Infocom tribute site called The Gallery of Zork at http://gallery.accardi-by-the-sea.org. The intent of the site is to be a visual repository of all things Infocom. For those of you familiar with the Infocom Gallery (http://infocom.elsewhere.org/gallery/), think of the IG on steroids.

The Gallery of Zork collection already extends well beyond what the Infocom Gallery offers, both in quantity and quality. In addition to game packaging scans, the GZ has sections devoted to the more obscure Infocom software products (Cornerstone, Battletech, Circuit's Edge, Tombs and Treasure, et alia), the complete series of Infocom-based paperbacks, and other rarities.

The Gallery of Zork is already the largest online repository of its kind, and I will be adding to it going forward.

---------

My motivation: a couple of years ago I began scanning my collection of Infocom games, and contacted the administrator of the Infocom Gallery, (which hadn't been updated since 2004), offering to provide new scans. Instead, he sent me a number of scans he hadn't gotten around to posting, and offered to let me take over the site. The Gallery of Zork is the result.

Please take a look and let me know how GZ can be improved.

--Nathanael Culver

Gunness
Site Admin

#2 Post by Gunness » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi Nathanael
This sounds very intriguing, but when I follow the link, I merely get an "account suspended" message?

Mr Creosote

#3 Post by Mr Creosote » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:03 pm

When I tried it yesterday, the site was showing, but all images were broken :(

Alastair

#4 Post by Alastair » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:41 pm

The site's back up again, now the criticism...

Whilst the pages contain good content, the site itself isn't 'tab friendly' which is a pity as I prefer opening pages in new tabs when browsing a site that has a lot of content.

dave

#5 Post by dave » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:18 pm

Back and forward are also broken, which is quite annoying (I think I'm the only person in the world who still uses back and forward...)

Mr Creosote

#6 Post by Mr Creosote » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:19 am

Uh... it's still broken for me. No single image, the main content area is tiny (about 100x100 pixels below the large menu).

Alastair

#7 Post by Alastair » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Mr Creosote wrote:Uh... it's still broken for me. No single image, the main content area is tiny (about 100x100 pixels below the large menu).
This looks like a JavaScript issue, I tried the site with JavaScript turned off and it was as you described (at least tabbing works in this state though it's not much use when the images don't show, which they do when JavaScript is on).

Mr Creosote

#8 Post by Mr Creosote » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:10 pm

Aaaaah! Yes, after turning JavaScript on, I could indeed see the site. Looks good, but what about graceful degradation?