Tired to type in?...

General chit-chat, ramblings, odds and ends.

Moderator: Alastair

Vaz

Tired to type in?...

#1 Post by Vaz » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:46 pm

Hi all! I don't know where to introduce myself as a new user, so sorry if I missed the right section :)
Here's Vaz from Italy, and my job is to grab Jacob & c.'s solutions to finish every possible text adventure to collect the endings. Yep, I am the creator/webmaster of a site (GamEnd, for instance) whose mission is to gather endings for home systems, and there are a lot of adventures I solved thanks to CASA (& Dorothy Millard).
That's all for now, I guess I'll enjoy my staying here... bye! :)
Founder of GamEnd, home of the biggest non-arcade endings site :)

Gunness
Site Admin

#2 Post by Gunness » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:05 pm

Hi Vaz!
Welcome to the board. That's quite an original idea you have there - I could probably mention a few games that I'll never have the patience to go through, so this is an excellent service :D

I just checked your site, and for those of us whose Italian is a bit rusty... how do people submit things/screenshots to you?

Vaz

#3 Post by Vaz » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:58 am

Well, it's quite easy - you just go through the game 'til the end, then save the screenshots of the endings sequence(s), that's all. The site is in italian only because I guess it's quite simple to figure out how to browse through the site :)

Gunness
Site Admin

#4 Post by Gunness » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:16 pm

Vaz wrote: The site is in italian only because I guess it's quite simple to figure out how to browse through the site :)
Hehe, quite right - though I'm still trying to figure out what the Peach Pit is, apart from being a sleazy joint in a cheezy teen show on tv :)

Do you want save states as well, or just the images?

Vaz

#5 Post by Vaz » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:30 pm

Gunness wrote: Hehe, quite right - though I'm still trying to figure out what the Peach Pit is, apart from being a sleazy joint in a cheezy teen show on tv :)
You know, that page is just a "vault" where I list the endless games that, since they don't have an end, can't be stored elsewhere. Being that page a sort of "pit" where I throw in games that actually I don't care at all, I came up with a name for it that could recall a pit. And I had nothing better than Beverly Hills' Peach Pit :D
Gunness wrote:Do you want save states as well, or just the images?
I'd be glad to get both of them. Actually, if you don't want to bother saving screenshots, you can just handle me the savestate and I'll do the job :)

(And now, gotta go home trying to finish Michael Zerbo's "The Child Murderer"! Why don't you have a walkthrough for that game?? :()

Gunness
Site Admin

#6 Post by Gunness » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:42 pm

Vaz wrote:(And now, gotta go home trying to finish Michael Zerbo's "The Child Murderer"! Why don't you have a walkthrough for that game?? :()
Because noone sent me one ;) But I guess that you'll be kind enough to send one once you've completed the game!

Vaz

#7 Post by Vaz » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:53 am

Gunness wrote:But I guess that you'll be kind enough to send one once you've completed the game!
I hope so... but I guess you'll have to wait 1,000,000 years, I'm not that good in solving adventures :shock: and I keep getting stuck every once in a while... (I'm playing the Amiga and PC versions simultaneously, btw)

Mr Creosote

#8 Post by Mr Creosote » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:27 am

Old topic, I know, but in case anyone still cares, a walkthrough of The Child Murderer (original Amiga version, not the Windows remake called 'The Murderer') can be found here: http://www.goodolddays.net/0_0_0_0_0_0_ ... 93__0_0_0/.

I'm the author of that walkthrough, so if you want it for CASA, feel free to take it.

Gunness
Site Admin

#9 Post by Gunness » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:07 am

As long as it isn't in the archive, it's a welcome addition. Thanks for the head-up.