It's alright, I've linked everything to Scott's tribute site.marcus wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:30 pm Alastair, I wouldn't bother to add this site to the links as I'm not sure how long it will survive.
C64 Mountain Valley
Moderator: Alastair
Re: C64 Mountain Valley
Re: C64 Mountain Valley
Hi Marcus,marcus wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:30 pm Hello all,
Scott, I have temporarily rehosted my site at
https://mvsarchive.freehosting.dev/
& have added a link on the main game list page called 'Misc Downloads' that will take you to a directory with numerous resources that may interest you.
In particular there is a new ravenswood.D64 that contains an introduction that was previously unavailable, as well as a MVS Demo disk that retailers could display.
I have also included zipfiles of of all location screenshots for Crypt, cranbury & Ophir as well as myriad scans of Notebook pages, sketches, hintsheets and other items of interest.
Alastair, I wouldn't bother to add this site to the links as Im not sure how long it will survive.
Regards.
Thank you for the wonderful treasure trove of material on Mountain Valley Software. Looks like I have work to do over the next few weeks to include these into the site.
Regards,
Scott
Playing text adventures since 1982. Still typing NORTH.
Re: C64 Mountain Valley
Hi Marcus and everyone,
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've updated the tribute site for Mountain Valley Software, it includes the wonderful items Marcus provided and everything else I had for the games.
The map for Forbidden Valley had me hooked, especially because there appears no known archive for this game nor source code so I took it upon myself to create a version in BASIC for the C64, using the map, objects, verbs and messages from the photo of Brian's design notebook and built a fully playable text adventure. I know this isn't a MVS product, but thought this would keep that world alive and allow people to play what Brian created, most likely his first adventure and possibly the first commercial Australian text adventure needed to be played. It's included as a download under games along with the source code I created for anyone to have fun and learn from.
If the original of Forbidden Valley ever turns up I'll add this as well.
Enjoy
Scott
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've updated the tribute site for Mountain Valley Software, it includes the wonderful items Marcus provided and everything else I had for the games.
The map for Forbidden Valley had me hooked, especially because there appears no known archive for this game nor source code so I took it upon myself to create a version in BASIC for the C64, using the map, objects, verbs and messages from the photo of Brian's design notebook and built a fully playable text adventure. I know this isn't a MVS product, but thought this would keep that world alive and allow people to play what Brian created, most likely his first adventure and possibly the first commercial Australian text adventure needed to be played. It's included as a download under games along with the source code I created for anyone to have fun and learn from.
If the original of Forbidden Valley ever turns up I'll add this as well.
Enjoy
Scott
Playing text adventures since 1982. Still typing NORTH.