Gilsoft PAW/Quill

Games for Spectrum, C64, Amstrad, Amiga, Apple ][ and the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit platforms. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

auraes

Re: Gilsoft PAW/Quill

#46 Post by auraes » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:45 am

Is The Quill manual for the Sinclair QL available anywhere?

Strident

#47 Post by Strident » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:49 am

auraes wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:45 am
Is The Quill manual for the Sinclair QL available anywhere?
Yes, but not the software itself. I'll dig out a link for you. (I have all the manuals here on my computer but I'll see where I got them from)

Edit: It's probably easier if I just zip it all up and share...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vFAPwN ... sp=sharing

auraes

#48 Post by auraes » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:35 am

Thank you. I wanted to know if 'sysmess' displays a new line, but the answer is not in the documentation, and I guess not.
I don't know if you have seen my previous message which is on another page?

Strident

#49 Post by Strident » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:59 pm

I have, yes thanks. The document is on the backburner at the moment. When I'm less busy with work I'll revisit it as there's loads on the list that needs changing.

Yeah, it's hard to tell re. SYSMESS in the QL without having the software and trying it out. The behaviour of SYSMESS in PAWS doesn't include a line break.

I'm guessing that in this case the QL version of SYSMESS will mirror the usual behaviour of Quill MESSAGE. It seems to have been just included as a way of expanding the bank of available messages.

auraes

#50 Post by auraes » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:15 am

There is a bug, probably already identified, with the Zx Spectrum C04 version: diagnostics does not display the values of the turns.

Edit:
A bug in The Quill C64 version A06: if you change the color of system messages 30 and 31 (Y/N) by entering a color code before the letter, they are no longer recognized when typed (e.g. if you type Quit).