Seeking beta-testers for "The Axe of Kolt"

Games written in Inform, Glulx, TADS, CAT, HUGO and similar. Pleas for help, puzzles, bug reports etc.

Moderator: Alastair

lazzah

Seeking beta-testers for "The Axe of Kolt"

#1 Post by lazzah » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi all,

I am posting this message to ask for beta-testers for my recently-finished re-write of "The Axe of Kolt".

Some of you may have played the game using a Spectrum emulator - or even played the game when it was released in the early 1990's - but for those of you who have never heard of "The Axe of Kolt" it was a 4-part fantasy adventure written using P.A.W. for the Sinclair Spectrum. The game was very popular and won awards at "The Adventure's Convention" and was voted "Game of the Month" by Mike Gerrard in "Your Sinclair" magazine.

This new 2013 version has been programmed using ADRIFT 5 and features over 250 locations, more than 30 characters and masses of puzzles and gameplay. The original locations and messages have been greatly expanded and enhanced and anyone volunteering to playtest it should be prepared for several weeks of work - it is definitely not a game that can be playtested in a few evening sessions. Note that it is a very much an "old-school" type game.

If anyone is brave enough to volunteer to playtest "The Axe of Kolt", I would be grateful if you would send me a PM. Previous playtesting experience would be preferred but it is not essential.

Many thanks for reading this.

May I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Larry Horsfield